01 Before You Wax | 02 At Your Appointment | 03 After Your Appointment
01 | BEFORE YOU WAX
Welcome to Waxing 101 FAQ. Here you’ll find a number of commonly-asked questions about waxing and hair removal and their answers. It’s a great idea to read over these before coming to your first waxing appointment.
I highly recommend coming between 4-6 weeks after your last wax. (If you maintain this schedule, the hair does not have time to take a strong root, which means less pain for you). Also, coming in every 4-6 weeks ensures minimizing “stubble” time and helps keep you looking and feeling smooth! That’s why we offer the Sexy Skin Rewards Program – it will give you a chance to experience the true benefit of waxing hair removal.
How should I care for my skin afterwards?
- No hot baths or showers after your appointment!
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam rooms.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Avoid swimming.
02 | AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
Be sure to tell the esthetician about any skin care treatments or medications, previous waxing experience, allergies, if you are pregnant or if you have had any changes to your medical health…And be sure to let your esthetician know if there is anything she can do to help you feel more comfortable.
03 | AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
Wait 24 hours after waxing, start exfoliating! This helps with ingrowns. Use a scrub, gloves. Helps to get in the habit of doing this every shower, or at least the first week after your waxing. If you do not exfoliate, you are more than likely to get an ingrown. No tanning! The waxed areas can burn very easily – No exercising, no hot tubs or saunas, or tight clothing i.e. thongs, tights, exercise pants. The sweat from these activities can cause ingrowns! Just like the face, the bacteria in sweat that can cause zits, cause ingrowns!
– Makes the body slenderer and the figure more beautiful
– Effectively reduces cellulite problems
– Cleanses the body of waste substances and repairs blood and lymphatic circulation
– Makes the skin smoother, more elastic, softer and revitalises dry skin
– Reduces muscular and joint pains
– Relaxes, refreshes and gives a wonderful feeling, reduces fatigue and stress